Aims and Objectives:
- Teach Shaolin Kung Fu from the basics up to the basic techniques and to assist in students' personal development
- Possibly run an annual trip to China to train at the Erzu Temple with a 32nd generation Shaolin monk
- Support student's fitness and help them achieve their fitness goals
- Host socials which are focused on giving back to our members
- Motivate our members to train regularly and learn discipline
We are hosting free taster sessions every day during Freshers week!
Monday: Taster session 11-1pm
Tuesday: Taster session 10-12; Committee Meet & Greet 12-1pm
Wednesday: Taster session 11-1pm
Thursday: Taster session 11-1pm; Pub Crawl 7pm-late
Friday: Taster session 11-1pm; Movie night 6-8pm
All taster sessions will be located in the Lemon Grove (in the back room on Tuesday), committee meet and greet will also be in Cornwall house, Activity Room 1, and the Pub Crawl will be starting at the RAM!
Kung Fu is for fitness, coordination, and body. It is an art, which is beautiful to watch as much as it aids in increasing the body's capacity.
Sessions cover forms. Our training is a way to improve general fitness.
Everyone is welcome and no experience is required!
Members of the society have previously spent time in Anqing, China in the Er Zu temple, training under a Shaolin monk. The form we learnt during that time will heavily influence our Shaolin training this year.
This trip has been repeated every year for people who are interested.
We run lessons four times a week:
- Monday: 18:00-20:00 (Shaolin)
- Wednesday: 16:00-18:00 (Wing Chun)
- Friday: 18:00-20:00 (Power Training)
- Saturday: 12:00-16:00 (Shaolin)
- Sunday 10:00-14:00 (Open space for everyone, including non-members)
Our membership fees are £20 for the year. Sessions are charged separately