Aims and Objectives:
- Teach Shaolin and Wing Chun styles of Kung Fu from the basics up to more advanced techniques, to teach the virtues of Kung Fu, and to assist in every student's personal development
- Run an annual trip to China to train at the prestigious Erzu Temple with our Master, a 32nd generation Shaolin monk
- Maintain and improve every student's fitness and help them to reach their own personal fitness goals
- Host fun and inclusive socials which are focused on giving the most back to our members
- Motivate our members to train hard and get the most out of their time with the society
The University of Exeter's Kung Fu Society teaches Kung Fu, and practical self-defense in a fun and friendly environment.
We are hosting free taster sessions every morning during Freshers week, 10:00am - 12:00am Lemon Grove, Cornwall House. Come along and see what it's all about, with the chance to try out Broad Sword, Straight Sword, Staff and Fist, as well as Wing Chun Kung Fu! We are also holding Showcases in Room 3, Cornwall House Tuesday and Thursday at 12pm - 1pm for those interested in the forms that were learned on the China trip in previous years. There's also a meet and greet in Room 3, Cornwall House Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 12pm - 1pm, for those who want to get to know the committee, and chat about Kung Fu!
Cultivating Kung Fu is beneficial for fitness, coordination, muscle memory, self-awareness and body strength. It is an art, which is beautiful to watch as much as it aids in increasing the body's capacity for self-defence (training your mind as much as your body).
Sessions cover a variety of techniques, forms and pad-work. We are now offering beginnner and advanced lessons. Our training is also a great way to improve general fitness and gain flexibility.
Everyone is welcome and no experience is required!
A large group of the society has just spent a month in Anqing, China in the Er Zu temple, training under a Shaolin monk. The forms and techinques we learnt during that time will be heavily guiding the sessions this year.
This trip will be repeated every year for people who are interested in learning Kung Fu in a truely authentic way.
We run lessons four times a week:
- Monday: 18:00-20:00 (Power Training / Power Stretching)
- Wednesday: 18:00-20:00 (Shaolin Basics & Forms)
- Friday :18:00-20:00 (Wing Chun)
- Saturday : 12:00-16:00 (Weapons Classes)
We also offer occasional workshops with an external instructor.
Our membership fees are £20 for the year.