Aims and objectives:
- Raise awareness and campaign for a variety of charitable causes that our members are passionate about, both locally and globally.
- Include our members in the decision making process, encourage them to collaborate with the committee and contribute their ideas.
- Be a fun, inclusive and open-minded society for all students so that everyone can find their place in All Hands Together.
Formerly known as Unicef on Campus Exeter, we are an inclusive, exciting society for students looking to make a difference during their time at university.
Whether you know exactly which causes are important to you or there are just too many to count, All Hands Together is the society for you. As a member of our society, you will be a part of a community of students who want to work with charities and campaigns that are important to us. In the past, these campaigns have included children’s rights, climate change, refugee rights and other current humanitarian issues.
Taking into consideration COVID-restrictions, we guarantee that our members will have a variety of events and volunteering opportunities to take part in, whether online or in-person. We will ensure that online events and volunteering are just as exciting and successful.
How can I become a member?
Our membership costs only £5, and this will allow you to enjoy and partake in a wide variety of events (online or in-person), contribute to campaigns, attend general meetings and even stand in an election! Join right here, on the Exeter Students’ Guild page.
Campaigning is vital to what we do, raising awareness of different issues that are important to us. Campaigning activities include:
- Signing petitions.
- Writing letters to key figures and other people in power.
- Getting some hands-on advocating experience by sharing our campaigns with the wider student body (online or in person, when appropriate).
Campaigning will not only help you make a difference in the community but will also provide you with valuable experience, regardless of what sector you want to work in after you graduate.
As a member, you will be invited to all of our fundraising and social events, and we have something going on every week for you to get involved in. This year may seem a little different, with a bigger emphasis on online events, and we promise to make these events just as (if not more!) fun and successful as in previous years. Here are some recent examples of events we put on last year:
- Fast 24: Our members fast for 24 hours to raise funds for a current issue, before breaking the fast with a celebratory meal. Last year we raised over £4,000!
- Speed Dating and Auction: Meet new people in a comfortable, welcoming environment. There was also an auction and a raffle, with all the money going towards helping refugees.
- Games Night: Play a variety of games and show your competitive side. Last year’s event included Pictionary, a quiz and even some free pizza!
- Career and Charity Symposium: Find out more about working in the Charity and International Development sector, take part in skill-building workshops and network with other students and society committees.
Keep up to date with us!
Like our Facebook page: search ‘All Hands Together Exeter’
Follow us on Instagram: search '@allhandstogetherexeter’
Follow us on Twitter: search '@AHTExeter'
Email us at: email@example.com
Even if you don’t have social media, we will be sending out a fortnightly email to keep everyone updated and involved.
Please message us on social media or email us to ask us a question or just to say hi! We’d love to hear from you,
The All Hands Together Committee