AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Promote, inform and support female students in their career aspirations, with focus on excelling in traditionally male-dominated environments.
- Explore and engage both students and employers in the discussion about women in the workplace, the glass ceiling and the drivers behind a successful career.
- Increase engagement with our members by providing more regular even weekly events (including paid speakers, workshops and socials)
- Secure sponsors from a greater variety of industries and more opportunities to interact with companies.
- Expand our membership base with the aim of increasing our members from different faculties.
Hello to our current Exeter students and our 2020/21 Freshers!
As your President for the upcoming year - I am excited to welcome old and new members back to the XWIB community and to reveal the exciting events we have coming up. This year will be packed full of academic and non-academic events, trips, joint society socials, dinners and balls. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for the upcoming opportunities we are having, Sponsors are always sending us new material and information through.
Myself and my wonderful committee have been working hard throughout the summer to expand our Sponsor base; and have secured a variety of both new and returning Sponsors. With our dedicated Sponsor support, we can provide our members with a year of diverse and rich opportunities, regardless of your course or university year. In addition, we have inspiring female speakers coming down to Exeter to share their stories and experiences.
I hope XWIB serves as a friendly and welcoming community to you throughout the next year and gives you the chance to explore your passions - whether these be career or women in the workplace orientated, and allows you to make friends and connections which you can take through university & through life after Exeter. We look forward to meeting you all!
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
XWIB is a community of like-minded, ambitious students who are interested in gaining more knowledge about the workplace. In 2019/20 we have around 500 members and hope to see this grow again this year. We aim to provide our members with the opportunity to develop personally and professionally, equipping them with skills to navigate male-dominated environments. We are open to all members of the university, irrespective of your course of study - women in business society isn't just for those who study business/law! Dedicated members of our committee will be working hard to make sure everyone has a place and feels included in XWIB, so whether you're an international student, a humanities student or just want to join to meet new people, XWIB is guaranteed to have something for you. We have lots of academic events planned for this year, as well as some amazing socials lined up for when you need that break from work!
To keep updated check out our Facebook page and give it a like, follow us on Instagram and add us on Snapchat! Or, if you've got a bit more time, take a sneaky peek at our website to find out more about us, our sponsors and our 20120/21 events.
- President: Sabina Atodiresei
- Vice President: Phyo Eei Eei Kyaw
- Sponsorship Manager: Rhiannon Kelshaw
- General Secretary: Olivia Williams
- Treasurer: Krystal Ong
- Events Manager: Stella Ziffova & Stephanie Davis
- Social Secretary: Kitty Arnold
- Publicity Officer: Gemma Lee & Shreya Adlakha
- Outreach Office: Ellie Milne