Aims and Objectives:
- P is for People: We intend to maintain high student membership by creating an open and friendly image of the society.
- S is for Socials: Throughout the years we have fostered links with other societies which we wish to continue in order to expand the society’s outreach.
- Y is for You: We promise to make each individual feel welcome within the society and take your opinions on board to create an environment that is enjoyable for all.
- S is for Skills: Through running interactive and educational talks, we hope that the society will play a role in broadening skills outside the curricular, creating great prospects for members.
- O is for Opportunity: The opportunities that PsySoc has given us to form great friendships and be part of a fantastic community has been amazing and we wish that everyone experiences the same.
- C is for Committee: As a team, we understand our role of providing support and guidance to all our members, to create a happy and inclusive society.
Becoming a member of the Psychology Society is the perfect way to meet and make friends with like-minded people from across all year groups. Membership is also open to everyone, not just psychology students, so bring along your friends and flatmates and get involved together!
As a society, our aim is to increase the number of opportunities available to you, both socially and academically, and make the time you spend here in Exeter as fun and rewarding as possible!
In terms of events, we hold regular socials, from fancy dress, to relaxed film nights and pub quizzes, as well as our ever-popular end of term formals. We also provide a range of educational events, including interesting talks on a variety of topics that go beyond the scope of the psychology course itself. Finally, if that wasn’t enough, we offer you the chance to go travelling with us, as PsySoc heads on its annual trip abroad!
In addition to our standard membership, we also offer a sports membership for £30 for anyone that wants to represent PsySoc at intramural sport throughout the year. We'll be entering teams into mixed netball, men’s football, and women’s football, so alongside our social and educational events, we really do have something for everyone!
With the number of members we have and events we provide constantly on the rise, there’s never been a better time to join, so what are you waiting for? Sign up online or find us at the freshers’ fair!
And don’t forget to follow us on social media to stay up to date with all our latest news and events!
Presidents: Maddie Lovett & Beca Harry
Vice President: Beth Sell
Treasurer: Emily Scott
Social Secretaries: Csenge Maro & Rachel Scott-Watson
Sport Secretaries: Tom Scrivener & Sam Ross
Publicity Secretary: Ellie Doherr
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or message the Psysoc Facebook page.
This year we are proudly sponsored by the following two companies: