Welcome to the University of Exeter Economics Society!
We’re here to give you the absolute most of your time both within the University but also, if you’re an Economics student, in the Business School. The Exeter Economics Society is the leading community in the Business School and welcomes all students, Economics or not, to participate in exciting events.
The committee of 2019/2020 have given the society a FRESH new look, with brand new ideas, activities, and other interesting features for members. The committee thought it was time that the University gets an Economics Society that means business!
We will be running a vast array of events ranging from free pizza evenings, regular socials, pub quizzes, interesting talks with leaders of global corporations and economics-related academia, debating sessions, contests, and networking opportunities, among many more events!
Approaching the 2020/2021 academic year, we will of course be introducing more free & subsidised incentives for you to be coming to these events, particularly our annual exclusive Winter Ball & End of Financial Year dinner, so watch the space.
Whether you're studying Economics, pursuing a career in the field, or simply interested in economic issues, the Economics Society is the perfect addition to any course and a must-have for Business School students!
Our core values
We want to bring like-minded Economics Students together to establish a society where we share our passion, love and interest for Economics and themes related to Economics.
We’re a bonding, friendly, hard-working, sociable, aspiring and opportunistic crew of students who care for what we think, do, and believe in collaborating together to enjoy, learn and discover Economic thoughts and matters.
Why we exist
We want to learn, hear, debate, discuss and explore themes that can help us alongside our studies of Economics for a greater understanding of the subject and topics we study.
(Picture: photos from some of our events!)
WHY JOIN US?
- We host events for social networking, learning and discussion.
- Join a community of students who share a passion for Economics.
- Access to engaging internal and external guest speakers.
- Connect with similar students and alumni.
- Drinks & debate sessions and frequent socials.
- Economic and Financial simulations & other competitions.
- Gain access to exclusive black tie events such as our Winter Ball and End of Financial Year dinner!
Your 2020-2021 Committee
- Chairs: Luke Henderson & Benjamin Wood
- President: Alex Tealdi
- Vice-President: Rachita Dugar
- Treasurer: Sam Caine
- General Secretary: Miguel Nau
- Social Secretaries: Joe Henwood & Britt Li
- Academic Secretary: Linn Rustad
- Welfare Secretary: Lucia Martin-Marco
- Marketing & Communications Secretary: Libby Dunlop
- Academic Consultant: Max Jablonowski
We look forward to a great year with all of you!
Lots of love,
Find us on Instagram
Find us on Facebook