Aims and Objectives:
- To spread awareness of the sport by providing authentic Muay Thai training
- To maintain EUMT’s position as the largest and most successful Muay Thai society in the country
- To provide high standard training sessions, accessible to and useful for those of any Muay Thai experience and ability, from beginner up
- To continue increasing the quality, size, and general standard of EUMT’s fight squad
- To continue to increase the participation of our diverse and inclusive membership in competitive decision bouts.
Exeter University Muay Thai (EUMT) is a student led martial arts society centred around the exciting sport of Muay Thai. We aim to provide authentic Muay Thai training sessions targeted at all skill ranges. The sport itself has a culturally rich history – it is over 3,000 years old and originates from Thailand. As a striking martial art, you will have the opportunity to learn how to punch, kick, knee, elbow, clinch, and sweep. It’s best described as all the fun bits in the UFC.
If you become a member, you will be able to access our 10 hours training each week on campus. On signup you will also receive a free EUMT t-shirt, a mouthguard for when you decide to join us in sparring, a pair of EUMT custom hand wraps as well as some other freebies.
EUMT is a super friendly society, running weekly socials where you will get a chance to interact with our diverse membership. Our socials tend to be themed, which means everyone gets the opportunity to dress-up and enjoy some post-training fun.
Finally, EUMT is not just a campus-based society, we are partnered with the top professional fight gym in Exeter, FSC, who offer their own training sessions that we at the university take full advantage of. FSC allows keen students to advance their skills even more than just training on campus. FSC also give EUMT members a discounted membership fee of £29.99 as month!
We look forward to training with everyone, if you have any further questions or would like to express your interest in joining, drop us a message on our Facebook page, Instagram, or email.