Society Badges has been designed to recognise student groups for their commitment to growth and change. There are 9 badges available:
- Development – Developing and engaging with the Students’ Guild.
- Fundraising and volunteering – Supporting others.
- Inclusivity – Creating an approachable community.
- Diversity –Providing opportunities for minority student groups.
- Accessibility –Providing accessible opportunities.
- Sustainability – Committing to more sustainable approaches.
- Democracy – Encouraging engagement in democratic practices.
- Welfare – Demonstrating care for student welfare.
- Social – Providing varied social opportunities.
To be presented with a badge, the group will need to complete the two mandatory criteria and showcase four further ways in which they’ve been committed.
When ready, they can apply by completing the application form. These will be reviewed by a member of the Activities team with a Full Time Officer, and student groups will be notified within 5 working days.
To keep the badge, the student group will need to complete the renewal criteria annually.
To renew a badge, a society will need to complete the renewal criteria for each badge during term 1 of the following year.
For example, badges earnt in academic year 2021/22 will need to be renewed in term 1 of academic year 2022/202
What’s in it for you?
- Society Badges will showcase your society, and be displayed on your webpage
- Society Badge holders will be announced termly across University of Exeter Students’ Guild media.
- Access to badge related awards at Guild Awards 2022.
- Society Badges are great mentions at job interviews and CV’s.
Any queries regarding this can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or a member of the Officer team who can be found here: Your Officers - Students' Guild (exeterguild.org)