Guild President

I lead the Students’ Guild in line with our strategy, and oversee the team of Full-Time Officers. I sit on several senior boards in the University, ensuring students’ are heard at the highest level.

Patrick

Guild President

Patrick Hoyle

president@exeterguild.com Messenger


I lead the Students’ Guild in line with our strategy, and oversee the team of Full-Time officers. I sit on several senior boards in the University, ensuring students’ voices are heard at the highest level.


Activity Tracker

  • On-campus pharmacy
    Introduce on-campus pharmacy with prescription service

     

    09.08.19: Meeting with Head of Membership Services (Guild) re: possible location    

    16.08.19: Meeting with Director of Commercial Services (UoE); discussed possibility of the project from university perspective    

    20.08.19: Met with Director of Commercial, Residential and Campus Services (UoE) & Director of Commercial Services (UoE) to discuss further - Actions: meeting organised 27.08    

    27.08.19: Met with Director of Commercial, Residential and Campus Services (UoE) & Director of Commercial Services (UoE) - Actions: contact on-campus GP + audit current product options on campus

    11.09.19: Actions completed - Meeting being organised between Director of Commercial (Guild); Director of Commercial, Residential and Campus Services (UoE); Director of Commercial Services (UoE) and myself 

    03.02.20: Project on hold whilst the Guild considers the long-term future of its space alongside the University 

     
     
  • Food on campus
    Review & improve provision of diverse food on campus

     

    10.07.19: Attended St. Luke's Strategy & Planning meeting (UoE); discussed Cross Keys food options    

    12.08.19: Meeting with Catering Manager (Guild) re: new outlet to replace Italiano - Actions: research concepts & suppliers    

    16.08.19: Meeting with Commercial Director (UoE); discussed Gluten Free food options on campus    

    27.08.19: Met with Commercial Director (UoE) & Director of Commercial, Residential and Campus Services (UoE) to dicuss provision of food on campus 

    22.10.19: Meeting with DVP: International & Director of Commerical Services (Guild) to discuss options for introducing diverse food in Guild Outlets 

    13.11.20: Commercial Director (UoE) attended St. Luke's Executive (Guild) to recieve feedback on food-provision on St. Luke's

    21.11.19: DVP: International (in place of Guild President) met with Holy Cow Catering to explore potential for introducing them to replace Italiano

    31.01.20: Attended Forum Food Court & Terrace Space Planning and Management Group (UoE) to define terms of reference and outline funding for the project

     

     
     
  • Festival of cultures
    Organise & host Festival of Cultures event

     

    17.01.20: Event hosted successfully in the Forum

     
     
  • St Luke's
    Increase Engagement with St. Luke's Students

     

    13.08.19: Attended Guild Management Commitee; discussed current St. Luke's Situation - APs: set up St. Luke's strategy meeting (28.08.19)    

    14.08.19: Met with RO; discussed St. Luke's Guild presence    

    15.08.19: Attended St. Luke's S&P meeting; discussed representation goals + plans for Guild space    

    20.08.19: Spoke to KH & PS re: food options - APs: brainstorm St. Luke's survey (incl. food provisions questions)    

    22.08.19: Time booked out every week for St. Luke's time (Friday)

     
     
  • Study Spot Scheme
    Revive the study spot scheme

     

    16.08.19: Meeting with Sales & Marketing Executive (Guild) - Actions: compile possible partner locations    

    20.08.19: Sent Sales & Marketing Executive (Guild) list of 15 possible partner locations

    03.02.20: Manifesto point passed onto Campaigns Coordinator (Guild) 

     
     
  • International Students
    Lead the development of new policy & strategy to enhance the experience of International Students

    N/A

     
     
  • Crossing
    Introduce student crossing at the base of Forum Hill

     

    01.06.19: Trial crossing introduced at the base of Forum Hill

     
     
  • Cornwall House Refurb
    Revive plans to refurbish Cornwall House

     

    16.01.20: Met with Director of Estates (UoE) to discuss previous plans to redevelop Cornwall House and trace how far it had progressed

    03.02.20: Discussion at Guild Trustee Board around the future of Cornwall House - redevlopment potential considered

     

     
     
  • Online selling platform
    Introduce online platform for selling & buying

     

    01/09/2019 - Exechange.com introduced as an online buying & selling platform for Exeter students. 

     
     
  • Bike Racks
    Introduce a greater number of on-campus bike racks

     

    03.02.20: Pushed to university to increase the number of Streatham bike racks as part of Project North Park 

    12.02.20: Feedback that the university will be introducing 94 new bike racks as part of Project North Park 

     
     
  • Consent Workshops
    Trial consent workshops for students

     

    26.11.19: Consent Collective delivered an evening session focused around tackling myths and questions regarding consent 

     
     
  • Disability Campaign incl. badge scheme
    There are no current news articles.
     
  • IExeter Improvements (map tool & jargon buster)
    Add an improved map tool & jargon buster to IExeter

     

    02.08.19: Meeting with Digital Manager (Guild) - Actions: bring ideas to meeting with IExeter Lead Developer (UoE)   

    20.08.19: Meeting organised 03.09    

    03.09.19: Meeting with IExeter Lead Developer to discuss improvements - Aactions: Meet as Sabbatical Officer team to create project charter    

    06.09.19: Meeting with Sabbatical Officer team to create project charter - VP: Welafre & Diversity now leading larger project   

     
     
  • Welcome Team Review
    Review the recruitment for Welcome Team

     

    20.08.19: Meeting organised with Head of Membership Services (Guild) 23.08    

    23.08.19: Meeting with Head of Membership Services to discuss future of Welcome Team - Actions: further meeting to be organised with Head of Membership Services 

    10.02.20: Meeting with Assistant Activities Manager to discuss ideas - Actions: bring further suggestions for refreshing Welcome Team recruitment 

     
     
  • DVP: Xmedia
    Introduce a new DVP: Xmedia

     

    The existence of a media societies officer sitting on Societies Council makes this point moot; there was also some push-back on the point during the elction period which I decided to take on. 

     
     

Social Media Icons ©2018 Neil Hainsworth - Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported


University of Exeter Students' Guild is a Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered Charity Number: 1136468 Company Number: 07217324; registered in England and Wales Registered office: Devonshire House, Stocker Road, Exeter, EX4 4PZ