We have recently launched Open Feedback for students! This is a new platform to allow you to give us any positive or negative feedback you may have on your course, university life, your education experience, and anything else.
Your feedback is valuable and helps us shape the future of your Students’ Guild. We want to support you throughout your time at Exeter, which is why we have created a forum for you to voice your thoughts, ideas, or concerns. This is something we are trialling in term 3 and over the summer in order to get it just right for the next academic year.
Alongside sharing your thoughts on any aspect of your student experience, you can track the progress of parts of feedback that are currently being worked on and what is happening on each of them.
How does it work?
- Firstly, you can enter your feedback here
- A member of the Voice Team will review your feedback to make sure your Students’ Guild can help with it (this should be within 5 days)
- We will then email you once your feedback has been approved; we will add a theme to the title and a filter tag to help other students find it. For 14 days, other students can upvote it and add their own comments to your feedback.
- After the 14 days, the upvoting and commenting will close and we will pass it on to the relevant staff members who can take action. During this time, your feedback will move to the progress checker section of the website.
- Once a resolution has been found, we will email you the outcome of your feedback.
- If you’re satisfied with the result, you can share this with us in the Satisfaction Survey. If you feel like more could be done, then submit a new piece of feedback and refer to the resolved one to suggest what you think should have been done instead!
We look forward to receiving your feedback and working towards improving your student experience!