Buying from charity shops helps you save money and the environment, find out more about how you can discover great deals locally
Why should you visit a charity shop?
Charity shops can provide a wide range of second-hand clothes and household items for a discounted price. There’s plenty in Exeter and you’ll be guaranteed to come out of the shop with some great finds!
Five reasons to visit a charity shop (plenty more here!):
- You can buy some new clothes items for low prices
- You are supporting a great cause; your money goes straight to the charity
- You are preventing clothes waste and supporting the circular economy, helping reduce environmental degradation.
- You can find some great one-off pieces which nobody else will be wearing!
- You can find clothes ideal for re-working or using as part of a costume for that social you have no idea what to wear!
You can get involved by donating your pre-loved clothing, purchasing items or volunteering for the charity. Volunteering for a charity shop can be a great way to gain experience in a way which fits in with your lectures and other commitments. By joining the 233,000 people across the UK who volunteer in charity shops you will also boost your employability skills and get to know a community of like-minded people.
Five great charity shops to visit in Exeter
- British Heart Foundation Shop, Sidwell Street
- Oxfam Shop, South Street
- Marie Curie Shop, South Street
- Hospiscare Shop, Fore Street
- RSPCA Shop, Sidwell Street