You've decided to get involved with volunteering and spend your time making a difference for others- great! Here are the next steps to get started:
- Register your interest in a project/s. You can do this by going to the project page and ticking the box on the right-hand side of the page. This allows you to stay updated on project activity and to be notified about when First Steps Training will be taking place.
2. Sign up to First Steps Training. This is a mandatory session that includes an introduction to volunteering and safeguarding. The session will last around 1 hour and will take place regularly throughout the term.
Book Training - ESV First Steps Training
3. Complete a DBS Check. DBS Drop-Ins will also run weekly to provide support in completing forms and signing them off. Once this is complete, you are ready to get started! Don't forget to log your hours!
Book Session - DBS Drop-in and Project Sign Up
Don't Forget to Create a profile on MyVolunteering! There are three different types of profile, and these will allow you to take advantage of the Volunteer Hours Logging System launching soon!:
- Student Volunteer (This is if you want to volunteer and do not hold a society committee position or other elected role).
- Elected officer or Rep (This is if you are an elected officer or sit on a society committee and want to take advantage of the Volunteer Hours Logging System). Not sure if you hold an elected officer role?
- Student Volunteer / Elected Officer or Rep (This is if you want to volunteer and hold a society committee position or elected role).
Not sure which project is for you? Check out the projects ESV are currently running, with brand new ones this year! Or have a look at Community Volunteering Opportunities here.