We all want a safer, greener Exeter.
A safer, greener Exeter will improve the streets we walk and the air we breathe.
A safer, greener Exeter will make Exeter feel like our home, not just somewhere we live.
A safer, greener Exeter will allow us to not just Bleed Green, but to truly be green.
A safer, greener Exeter will take our University experience to the next level.
The only way to get a safer, greener Exeter is to vote Bradbear for Guild President. Here’s just some of the ways I’ll get you a safer, greener Exeter…
‘A Safer Exeter’
- Introduce a Guild Night Bus for 'big’ nights out to ensure everyone gets home safety.
- Improve lighting on all Campuses; while we’re overhauling campuses, we’ll make them easier to navigate for students with disabilities.
- Open an online form allowing students to report areas where they feel unsafe on Campus and in town, I’ll then work with the University and Council to make those areas safer.
- Work with students and industry professionals to improve wellbeing services, ensuring people are both mentally and physically safe.
- Adopt ‘Ask for Angela’ in all Guild venues and work with local venues to increase its presence in town, coordinating an online list of venues where it can be used.
- Work with local Police to organise drop-in sessions where students can come for advice on how to stay safe or to report incidents in a safe, friendly environment.
- Greater transparency in Guild discrimination investigations.
- Lobby for a later bus from Campus into town, particularly in winter.
- Work with Apple Taxis to improve and promote the Student Safety Scheme.
- Implement greater rewards for Societies that work to tackle social issues - safety, homelessness, discrimination, mental wellbeing etc.
‘A Greener Exeter’
- Commit the Guild to becoming Carbon Negative by the end of 2022.
- Lobby the University to commit to Carbon Negativity, not just ‘net-zero’ by 2030 as already promised.
- Work with the University to introduce more renewable energy sources on all Campuses.
- Introduce rentable travel mugs at Guild venues, allowing customers to enjoy a hot beverage without creating waste.
- Increase the number of recycling points on all Campuses.
- Create a true student assembly on the Environment, considering views from all backgrounds on how to tackle the climate emergency.
- Increase and improve Vegan and Vegetarian options in all Guild enterprises, while also improving the quality of halal, gluten free, kosher and meat-based options too. Work to make environmentally friendly choices cheaper.
- Plant more trees and encourage more Bees on all Campuses.
- Cut Guild printing to a minimum - I won’t be printing campaign leaflets as they just create waste.
- Implement greater rewards for Societies who are actively thinking greenly.
I’ve been a Trading Standards Campaign Leader, the Manager of a Bookies and a Residence Life Mentor; I’ve high-level professional experience delivering projects of this scale through leadership, negotiation and talking to the people most affected - let me use these skills now to deliver you a safer, greener Exeter.