See what some of our societies have been up to
Societies – we need you! In these incredibly difficult times, we’d like to launch a campaign to help to create a community amongst our societies.
We’ve seen so many societies both in Exeter and around the UK running some great virtual activity for their members and we want you to get involved!
Below we’ve listed some ideas on what you and your society could be doing during isolation and how you could still hold activity virtually.
If your society are running events remotely, tag @exeactivities and use the hashtag #SocietiesinIsolation and we’ll re-share what you’re up to – this is a great way for other societies to get ideas of what they can do (and it’ll also keep us entertained seeing your wholesome content)!
The best bit? You don’t even have to submit a risk assessment! Here is a risk assessment we’ve put together for remote activities that we recommend you having a look over.
The even better bit?? We’ve given society committee members access so you can still advertise on the Guild website! Do this by going to your admin pages > events > add new events. By advertising your events, that means we can share them in advance too!
Society Ideas (whilst social-distancing!):
- Run a virtual quiz on Kahoot
- Netflix Party for our fandom and film societies!
- Online dance tutorials for people to do at home (great for wellbeing!)
- Ask your members to share their favorite society memories and photos
- Virtual book or podcast club
- Whether you’re Baking Society or Art Society, host some at home tutorials to teach people a new skill
- Stuck at home? Do a self-isolation blog!
- Host a virtual coffee morning
- Whether you’re from Muay Thai or Meditation, online Fitness classes would be fab!
- Live cookery class – maybe a 3-ingredient challenge??
- Academic Society? Why not share some study tips!
- Faith & Worldview society? Why not organise a virtual gathering or prayer session!
- Create a discord group and integrate it with spotify, gaming programs and other activities
- Creative society? Release a creative prompt for your members each day
- Online board games
- Dress up challenges - Friday night social style!
- Virtual bake off – get your committee to judge your members creations!
- Start a society blog
We'd also love for you to share your society photos and videos with us here.