VP Welfare and Diversity
I represent students on issues including mental health, equality, sustainability and personal safety and I work to ensure that our campuses are inclusive and welcoming for every student.
- Make mental health a strategic priority for the University by becoming a pilot institution for Universities UK Step Change framework.
- Welfare and disability training for society committees and welfare committee role.
- Support the expansion of a holistic approach to Wellbeing Services through toolkits and peer-led support groups.
- #WeAreAllExeter: Celebrating diversity on campus across different races, cultures, faiths, genders and sexualities.
- #SmallTalkSavesLives: A suicide prevention campaign aimed at equipping students with the skills and confidence to talk about their feelings.
- #SpeakOut about about Sexual Harrassment: A campaign that promotes zero tolerance to sexual harassment, tackling low reporting rates.
- Ensure the University fulfils its promise to refurbish the prayer rooms.
- Register Exeter for University of Sanctuary status to improve accessibility for refugees and asylum seekers.
- Collaborate with the University’s work in closing the Black Attainment Gap.
Social Media Icons ©2018 Neil Hainsworth - Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported