I lead the Students’ Guild in line with our strategy, and oversee the team of sabbatical officers. I sit on several senior boards in the University, ensuring students’ voices are heard at the highest level.
- Ensure that we care about our campus through eradicating the use of single use plastics in line with the University by 2020, putting water fountains in every building on campus.
- Strengthen the Guilds ethos and culture in line with the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals to benefit current and future students
- Introduce a sustainability pledge in which society committees can pledge to proactively take steps to reduce their waste production and overconsumption and run in an ethical and sustainable way
- Work alongside the University towards Ethical Investment through environmental, social and governance issues
- Create a more inclusive and relevant employability framework focusing on skills students gain from curricular and extra-curricular activities that can be applied to graduate life
- Work alongside the Career Zone to deliver a Third Sector Career’s Fair
- Work towards refocusing the Exeter Award Scheme
- Ensure a mixture of affordable and healthy food In all outlets on campus so students are getting value for money
- Gain parity between Streatham and St Luke’s for the range of foods and facilities for reheating
- Ensure that the foods offered are accessible and inclusive to those with differing dietary requirements, religious and international backgrounds
Value For Money
- Engage in conversation with students to understand what students see as the meaning of Value for Money and what they expect from their Guild Membership
- Work towards transparency of funds from both the Guild and University so students know where their money is being invested and fed back into
Social Media Icons ©2018 Neil Hainsworth - Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported