One of the ways your Students’ Guild is student-led is through Guild Council. Guild Council is a group of elected student representatives and it sits at the heart of the Students' Guild. It exists to represent all students: all students have the right to bring issues for Guild Council's attention and all students can attend. Guild Council does a number of things:
- It is the democratic forum for students.
- Enables the proposal, discussion, and decisions on student policy for the Students' Guild.
- Scrutinises the activity of the Guild and the performance of the Officers.
- Approves student and external Trustees of the Students' Guild.
- Approves changes to our governance (the Articles and Byelaws).
The current members of Guild Council are the Full-Time Officers and College Officers. To find out more about Guild Council, see the website. For the year 2021/22, Guild Council has chosen to appoint an independent Chair.
You must be a student at the University of Exeter (and remain a student for the whole academic year 2021/22). This role ends 15 July 2022.
- This is a part-time role which will be approximately 3-4 hours a month in term time.
- This role is paid: you will be reimbursed for the hours taken to set the agenda and chairing meetings at (£9.00-£9.99 per hour, depending on age). You must have the right to work in the UK (check your visa).
- There are 2-3 meetings of Council per term, plus one Members’ Meeting per year.
- This would come to around 30 hours maximum per year.
To find out more about this role, contact the Voice Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skills required :
- Public speaking
- Time keeping
- Team work
- People skills
View role description.
Applications need to be via our online form.