WHAT IS A CAMPAIGN?
- A campaign starts with one or more students, or an already affiliated group, having an idea or common cause that they are passionate about.
- These ideas are then turned into your campaign aims and objectives, which will help you to plan the types of events and activities you run.
- Whether this is influencing, advocating or amyplfying voices, campaigning is for all students and anyone can join or run a campaign of their own!
WHY SHOULD I AFFILIATE MY CAMPAIGN?
As a Guild-affiliated campaign, you benefit from:
Training and Resources:
- In-person leader training, which helps you to build your skills in events planning, budgeting, leadership and more.
- Online resources to help you understand and fulfil your role.
- In-person support throughout every stage of your campaign's lifetime.
Event and Publicity Support:
- Support in risk-assessment processes to ensure that you and your campaign team fulfil your duty of care in organising safe and inclusive events.
- An opportunity to promote and showcase your campaign at the Freshers' Fair.
- Access to Guild publicity channels, including student media and posterboards.
WHAT SUPPORT CAN I GET?
Your campaign doesn't have to become a pain! As an affiliated campaign, you will receive the following support:
- From the moment you hit 'send' on the Launch a Campaign Form, you will receive in-person support through each stage of your campaign.
- You will be shown how to transform your ideas into SMART objectives to allow you to get the most out of running your campaign?
- You will also receive in-person training before your first activity, tailored to the nature of your campaign.
- There will be regular support available for planning and evaluating events.
- News coverage at the end of your campaign, with your success featured on the Guild website on the Success Stories page for all to see!