Save Our Societies
Do you want to bring back a society which has gone dormant within the last 2 years?
Here's how it works:
- Submit a 'New Society Application' to Activities. If the society has gone dormant within the last 2 years, Activities will add it to the Save Our Societies page, instead of the Proposed Societies page.
- Anyone who is interested in saving the society can register their interest. A dormant society needs to have at least 10 interested members to be considered for reactivation.
- Once a Society SOS has 10 interested members, their proposal will go to Societies Council to be voted on.
- If Societies Council agrees to the reactivation of the society, Activities will run an election so that any interested members can vote for the society's committee.
- Following the election, the new committee will be informed of the results and the society will become active again, with development guidance and support from the Activities Team.
Below are a number of societies who need your help to continue to exist! If any of the following groups are of interest to you please make sure you register your interest.
**Affiliation applications are now CLOSED until Term 1 2020-21. If you're interested in starting a society, take this time to look through the form and develop your ideas. We will be advertising on this page when applications are open again.**