The Societies Council exists to ensure that all society views are represented and pledge to act for the benefit of all societies and student groups.
Click here to see the minutes of Societies Council's 2018/19 meetings.
Societies Council Chair
Societies Council is chaired by the DVP Societies, Hannah Taylor.
Mini-Forum Groups and Societies Officers
Societies are divided up into categories, or “Mini-Forums”, each representing a group of thematically related societies. Each of the Mini-Forums is then overseen by a rep, elected by you. These reps are responsible for hearing the concerns of any society within their mini forum and reporting those concerns back to the DVP Societies (the Chair of the Committee), as well as representing their views within the Societies Council. You should expect to be invited to a Mini-Forum meeting at least once a term.
The Mini-Forums and their Societies Officers are:
In addition, the VP Activities sits on the Societies Council to ensure Student Groups are represented, as well as being Vice Chair of the Committee.
You should know which Mini-Forum your group falls into but if in doubt, check here to find a complete list of societies and their groupings.
The Societies Council Exists to:
- Act as a formal consultation mechanism within the Guild on strategic and operational matters relating to societies and student groups
- Ensure the Guild, particularly the Activities & Volunteering department, operates in the best interests of societies and student groups, and their members
- Maintain regular communication with group leaders, and provide feedback opportunities
- Ensure that society and student group activity align with the priorities and values of the Guild
- Affiliate new societies and student groups to the Guild
- Distribute Guild society and student group funding fairly, and in line with organisational objectives
- Assist in the promotion of student-led activities and opportunities, and examples of good practice
Get in touch
You can contact the Societies Council at: email@example.com.