Unable to register an account:
If you are a member you will need to check you have bought membership to that society. This can be checked by logging into the Students’ Guild website under the account tab
If you are a committee member, first check whether you have access to your society’s admin page, as this will indicate first whether you are registered with us in that position and second whether you’ve completed your compliance.
If these check out and you still don’t have access, screenshot the error message you receive and send it into firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into this for you.
I am the Treasurer or President of my society but I'm not listed as a financial approver/can’t view my society’s finances:
- Check whether you have access to your society admin page, if not you will need to complete your compliance agreement.
- If this still doesn’t work, email Activities and we will check you are registered correctly on our system
I’ve made a claim but it’s not been approved:
- First make sure that you’ve sent the claim through for approval, and that it’s not still listed as a draft on the ‘Expenses’ page.
- If it has been sent for approval, check with your president or treasurer whether they have received the notification – if they haven’t and you’ve completed the step above, send us an email and we’ll look into this for you!
- There are several stages of approval so don’t expect the claim to be approved straight away, it can take between 3-5 working days for the expense to be paid back to you
Why has my claim been rejected?
- If your claim has been rejected you will receive a notification. By clicking on this notification, there will be a short reason for why the claim was rejected.
- If the reason why is unclear, please email email@example.com, with the details of your claim including the EXP number, what the claim was for and your society so that we can provide further information for you.
My claim was rejected and I’ve now amended it but it’s not moved along the approval stage?
- Once you’ve amended a rejected claim you need to resubmit it for approval in the same way you submitted the original for approval. Rejected claims won’t automatically send.
- Go to point 3 and email Activities if your issue is not resolved
If you have any issues with the app and have tried all the above please email Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be able to help. Please make sure you provide as much detail as possible and send screenshots where applicable.
Screenshotting on your device
iPhone 8 or earlier
Hold down the on/off button on the top right hand side of the phone. Then at the same time press the home button. Then release both buttons
On the iPhone X
Press and hold the on/off button on the right side of the device and immediately click the ‘Up’ volume button on the left side of the device. Then release both buttons.
More info on screenshotting on an Apple device can be found here!
Either, your device will take a screenshot when you press the on/off button and the volume down button simultaneously
If you have a home button, the on/off button and the home button will need to be pressed simultaneously
Some phones, such as by Sony, offer a screenshot option via the power options menu. You’ll need to hold the power button until the menu appears, and then you can select ‘Take Screenshot’.
More info on screenshotting on Android devices can be found here!