In order for the Activities Team to approve your society events, you need to submit these via the Activities Dashboard. You need to submit an ‘activity’ for each event you are holding. You will need to make sure you complete all forms relevant to your event and submit your event to the deadlines below:
All activities - at least 5 working days
Speaker events and trips - at least 10 working days
Trips abroad - at least 20 working days
Submitting a new activity:
The Activities Dashboard is the portal through which events are submitted. It is located in your society admin area, under the Activities Icon:
2. Click on 'All Activities'
3. To submit a new activity, click on the 'New Activity' button at the top.
4. Fill out the information on the 'Create Activity' page. Dates need to be in the format DD/MM/YYYY and times need to be in the format 00:00. Scroll down and click 'Save (as Draft)'.
Submitting Multiple Events
Once you've made one draft of the event you can select copy as shown below, this then allows you to make identical duplicates of the event however frequently you want the event to occur.
5. Go back to 'All Activities' to see your current events. Click on the event to view it and add any relevant forms.
- Health and Safety Checklist - Must be completed for every event, you can upload a risk assessment and budget if required
- Attendee List - this doesn't need to be completed as you most likely won't know who will attend until the event happens! If you do know who will be attending then please complete the form.
- Room Booking - If you have booked a Students' Guild or University Space please provide the booking reference via this form
- Trips Abroad - This must be completed if you are running a trip outside of the UK
- Sport and fitness events - any event involving sports, fitness, dance, or similar
- Travel only - if you are travelling to an event that is organised by an external organisation, please complete this form to inform us of your travel arrangements.
- Speaker Event - this form must be completed for any event involving a speaker, whether it be a committee member, University Lecturer or an external speaker.
- UK Trip - this must be completed if you are organising a trip within the UK
- Food and Drink - If you are providing food and/or soft drinks at your event you must complete this form with details of what will be available and how it will be stored and prepared.
- Theatre and Performance - this form must be completed for any event where you will be putting on a show, performance or concert.
- Film Showing - if you will be showing a film at your event, you will need to provide us with evidence that you have a licence for the film via this form.
6. Complete the Health and Safety Checklist within the event. Fill out answers to all questions and upload your risk assessment. Repeat this process to upload a budget if necessary.
7. Scroll down and click 'Save and Submit' (NB: This only means you are submitting the form, not the whole event!)
8. Click 'Activity' at the top of the page to return to the main Activity page. You can check the status of all forms in your activity here. They should say 'submitted' in order for the Activities Team to be able to check them. When all your forms are submitted, click on 'Submission/Edit/Copy'.
10. Update any new activity details and click 'Save and Submit'. Your event status should now say 'Submitted'.
11. You should receive an email when your event has been checked. If a member of Activities staff queries your event, follow the guidance in their comment. Repeat steps 5 through 10, changing anything as necessary. When you are done, make sure you resubmit the whole event, not just the part which has been queried!
12. Activities will check your event and will approve all forms and change the event status to 'Approved' once they are happy with it. Your event can now go ahead!