We know that being on a committee can sometimes be stressful, particularly when juggling academic life with other extracurricular activities. The Student Activities Team are here to support societies and their committees, and we’ve detailed below the different support structures we provide.
What does the Guild do for you?
- One-to-one help, information and resources from the Activities Team
- Make your voice heard through the Societies Council - your representative body.
- Keep your society money safe and secure with Guild accounts.
- Support with understanding tax exemptions, and how they affect your society.
- Provide safer events for your members with risk assessments and support available for all activities.
- Access to termly Guild grant funding.
- Access to Guild communication channels - web space, email lists, student media, poster boards and social media.
- Free access to Guild spaces and University rooms.
- Recognition and celebration events.
- Support in combining student activity experiences with personal development and employability.
- Be part of more than 260 societies and student groups run by students - share experiences and ideas
We have several secure storage spaces available if your society need to keep equipment on campus.
- Locked storage cupboards in DH2
- Locked storage cupboards in Cornwall House
- Swipe-access storage room in Cornwall House
- Swipe-access instrument stores in Cornwall House and Kay House
- Locked storage cages in Kay House
Guild Reception have access to the keys for the DH2 storage cupboards.
Please contact Activities if you would like to use one of these storage spaces and do not already have anything stored.
Society deliveries and post
- You can get post for your society sent directly to the Guild at:
University of Exeter Students' Guild
- Guild Reception will email your society president if we receive any post for your society.
- Guild Reception have keys to the lockable post trays in DH2, where any uncollected post will be kept.